Friday, June 29, 2012

New Recipe Blog

My kids have asked that I share some of their favorites from childhood.  I was always going to try to put together a cookbook, but never did.  That is where Mortenson Family Favorites Blog came from (see left column).  One day as I was thinking about it and realized how great it would be to have my recipes at my fingertips.  If I am in the store I can quickly look up the recipe and find all the ingredients on my phone.  Last year while I was visiting my sister in Montana.  We drove to Idaho to visit her daughter.  We wanted to make a grape salad we both love, but were at the store and couldn't remember the recipe.  I just pulled out my phone, brought up the recipe and that night we had the delicious grape salad.  Anyway, this has been a great way to keep track of our favorites.  Check out the recipes, you might even find a few with your name on it.  I have kind of limited this to just our family members for the past year, but decided to share them.  I hope you enjoy this as much as we do.

Kris

3 comments:

Kayley said...

How fun Kris! I'll have to make some of your yummy food!

Subroto Ghosh said...


I love this recipe ! Reminds me of you making soap at home, Mom.
And it's fun to see photos of your house there and see
Dad in that comfy chair we sat in when we visited,
attempting to use the slow internet :)

I can't wait to hear how the soap turned out in terms
of using it. Does it smell different since it is made with
animal fat? Any other differences from vegetable-based soap?

Love you!

Subroto Ghosh said...


I love this recipe ! Reminds me of you making soap at home, Mom.
And it's fun to see photos of your house there and see
Dad in that comfy chair we sat in when we visited,
attempting to use the slow internet :)

I can't wait to hear how the soap turned out in terms
of using it. Does it smell different since it is made with
animal fat? Any other differences from vegetable-based soap?

Love you!